Surface Dwellers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request: Quests Forum

2 posters

Go down

Request: Quests Forum Empty Request: Quests Forum

Post  Rosmy Sundr Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:15 am

I don't know how much of SD you want to be Player driven/created, and how much of it is "your baby", but a Quests Forum would be a great place for players to share ideas about (or scripts for) possible quests. I know we don't have any background on who or what will be available NPC wise in the Gravediggers HQ/Lobby, but a few quests would be helpful to gain XP (especially if early combat is expected to go so poorly).

A few quick examples:

• Gravedigger Doctor/Medical Supply Seller wants to analysis zombie blood. He's got plenty of samples from week-old zombie corpses, but want a fresh sample from "living" living-dead (must use an empty hypo on a live ghoul, eg: during combat, and return to HQ within 12 hours)

• Gravedigger Melee Trainer with a grudge lost a thumb to a zombie bite (self amputated to avoid infection), now trying to fill his bandolier with zombie thumbs. Earn XP for each thumb - or - Earn X points in melee skill (via training) for 20 thumbs (medium chance for drop on all zombies, color altered "mutated toe" item)

• Gravedigger Armory Master needs used bullets / empty cartridges. earn XP, or maybe one good bullet for every X used bullets/shells (pick up off ground, or maybe use Science Skill on a corpse)

Only with quest forum, each topic would be limited to one quest or quest series, and there would be room for scripting/branching/ uploading dialogue files, as well as discussion and putting out requests for art assets.
Rosmy Sundr
Rosmy Sundr
Caveling
Caveling

Back to top Go down

Request: Quests Forum Empty Re: Request: Quests Forum

Post  Izual Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Hey Rosmy! Sorry about the long wait - it's been a very busy week. :sad:

I don't know how much of SD you want to be Player driven/created, and how much of it is "your baby", but a Quests Forum would be a great place for players to share ideas about (or scripts for) possible quests.
It's indeed our baby, and we're not sharing it :mrgreen: But we'd sure gladly welcome some help about dialogs (what you're talking about is all about dialogs). We've got Kroktil already doing some stuff, and to be honest I'm not sure we need more, because there won't be that much NPCs in the game.

However, if you want to help with it, go - you seem to have a few interesting ideas (I like some of them, the others do not fit the game though). Problem is, we can't do that in a public subforum and make this work a community work similar to what is done with 3D on FOnline: 2238, simply because we can't risk being stolen the dialogs made for Surface Dwellers.
We already have an invisible "Dialogs" subforum (Aka "Kroktil's Cave".). What we can do is grant access to people willing to help - you, for example?
Izual
Izual
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Request: Quests Forum Empty Re: Request: Quests Forum

Post  Rosmy Sundr Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:31 pm

I would love to help in any capacity. :mrgreen:
Rosmy Sundr
Rosmy Sundr
Caveling
Caveling