Surface Dwellers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

future Mission Concept suggestion - radioactive metropolis

3 posters

Go down

future Mission Concept suggestion - radioactive metropolis Empty future Mission Concept suggestion - radioactive metropolis

Post  Rosmy Sundr Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:46 pm

One of the most hair-raising experiences I had first playing fallout 1 way back when, was in the necropolis underground. I made the mistake of running my first play-through with a low perception character, so every turn in the necropolis sewers was a scary surprise. Night maps can be creepy, but they just don't compare to dark underground mazes.

But yeah, this is nothing new, and you don't need a fan to tell you underground maps would be cool.

However, what about a daytime mission in a big ruined metropolis. Large multi-story buildings (skyscrapers?!), deep basements, sub-basements, and connecting tunnels/sewers.

Why daytime though? Well, you already stated that much of the world is covered in an ash-cloud, but what about a city so baked in radiation that it clears the skies around it (urban heat island on steroids). Being on the surface and outside of a concrete building automatically gives you a huge dose of radiation and gradually ticks away your health, so in order to progress from one building to another, you have to clear it to get access to a key/pass/whatever in order to unlock access to the next underground passage, which is also crawling with zombies. You could try to sprint across the street from one building to another, but what do you do when the front door is locked? Step in front of a window and receive radiation (floor trap? invisible "radioactive goo" tile?). And if that isn't enough to make the player "fear the light", maybe add some Glowing Ones. This way, you have the threat of the zombies in the dark, or certain death from the environment in the light. A double threat to mix things up a bit.
Rosmy Sundr
Rosmy Sundr
Caveling
Caveling

Back to top Go down

future Mission Concept suggestion - radioactive metropolis Empty Re: future Mission Concept suggestion - radioactive metropolis

Post  Izual Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Hah, missed this one! Sorry.

Basically, it's too early for the suggestions, and it's "even more too early" for the suggestions about new maps/new missions. You have to understand that new areas will be implemented only when the rest of the game is done and balanced, at least that's how we see it now.

Anyway your ideas are good and I'll keep them in mind, except that I don't see the daylight coming back in SD. For the next area, I had thought about a military area of some sort, but once again, it's really to early to talk about it.
Izual
Izual
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

future Mission Concept suggestion - radioactive metropolis Empty Re: future Mission Concept suggestion - radioactive metropolis

Post  Amarok Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:53 pm

That said, we will keep your idea somewhere.
Like taking a deadly radioactive rain instead of light... An underground map... Miam ^^
Not for today, but we will think about it ;o)
Amarok
Amarok
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosmy Sundr Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Amarok wrote:deadly radioactive rain
Daddy like :cool:
Rosmy Sundr
Rosmy Sundr
Caveling
Caveling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down