New critters included: Zombie breeds!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New critters included: Zombie breeds!

Post  Izual on Tue May 03, 2011 8:52 pm

We are very proud to present the first pack of new critters introduced in Surface Dwellers!

There will be only one type of enemy to fight in the game - zombies. So I just paused between two mapping sessions and - I would not say it was done quickly - created these new critters. They are recolored version of the normal ghoul, all able to carry the same weapons and having exactly the same animations - but of course in SD they will be unarmed. Only thing changing is the color - you could replace all ghouls of Fallout 2 with these. Not that I'd recommend it, but it's possible. It's a rather important work, and involved painting thousands of frames by hand. Nobody said it was easy! Oh, there's one thing different still - they all have a dark blood, except the red one, that has red blood. Makes sense, isn't it?

So, end of the suspense...

From left to right: The original ghoul, the grey ghoul, the black ghoul, and the red ghoul. You don't want to meet them at night!

We don't know yet how will the different versions be different in the game. Will they all have the same stats, and just bring some more variety into the hordes? Or will one be the "normal zombie" version and the others be special ones - running faster, striking harder, being more resistant?..Who knows, right? We haven't discussed about it at all yet, but I suspect 90% of zombies will consist of one or two of these four types, and the two others will be special enemies of some sort, much rarer but much stronger.

For the ones that know about Fallout Modding, then it should be the proof that we're taking this project seriously and put much efforts into it - for the others, proofs will follow soon :D It's time for me to return to mapping.

By the way, I think the red one is really, and by far, the most scary! What do you think about it?
Izual
Developer
Developer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New critters included: Zombie breeds!

Post  LagMaster on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:14 pm

awesome job Iz! they will be new critters, like grey, black, red scavangers?
LagMaster
Caveling
Caveling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Surf on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:11 pm

It would be looking good if not for the black/white colored blood, that's just a no-go. The red-ish ghoul's skin is too oversatured imo. It's still nice to see that you're trying to bring some variation in. ;)

Surf
Freshly arrived survivor. Be kind!
Freshly arrived survivor. Be kind!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top